Sunday, July 26, 2009

What is the best brush to use on a cat?

My cats both are shedding more now that spring is coming and I try to sit and brush them daily. One likes it and the other hates being brushed, but I do it anyway. I use a flea comb that seems to get alot of hair, when I use a slicker brush it just makes the hair go flying around the room. I am looking for something that will help the most and be comfortable for my Cats. What do you use? Could you please find a picture or be descriptive in your answer so that I can know what to buy? Thanks for your help!



What is the best brush to use on a cat?

It depends whether your cats are long are short haired - you'll need long or short-toothed combs accordingly.



Here are some ideas:



http://www.pets2home.co.uk/cat--Comb-Bru... - that sort of grooming comb, with the long and short teeth is good. Grooming mitts mights be a good idea for the kitty who hates grooming, you can pretend you're just stroking him!



https://www.drdynamics.com/products/shed...



Chalice



What is the best brush to use on a cat?

get a brush that is a glove. thats what i have to use on my forever shedding tabby. he loves it. but when i try to use other brushes he tries to bite by hand off so the glove works pretty good with him. they are less than 10 dollars at petco/petsmart



What is the best brush to use on a cat?

It depends on the cat type and length of fur. Long=haired cts need different brushes than short-hairs.



Check this link:



http://www.thecatsite.com/Care/32/Groomi...



What is the best brush to use on a cat?

The glove-brush works best for my shorthair.



I have a rubber slicker that makes the hair fly about, but if I mist it with plain water before brushing it seems to stop the static buildup.



8-)



What is the best brush to use on a cat?

I use a regular comb. My flea comb tends to pull the hair more and makes them mad. After the regular comb, I finish up with the Ionic brush. It makes them smell good, has a removable "plate" at the base of the bristles to make removing hair from the bush a snap. If your cats go outside the ionic brush is ideal because it removes any bad, or less than enjoyable, odors. Since I started that routine my cats are more relaxed with their brushing. I've heard that the mitts work well, and the cat thinks you're just petting them, but I haven't tried one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment