Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I have long, thick hair...but it is falling out.?

everytime I take a shower, take it out of a pony tail, or brush it, I have a handful of hair....am I going bald, or is it normal? I'm only 28 and have no history of baldness in the family.



I have long, thick hair...but it is falling out.?

I went through the same thing awhile back and my hairdresser told me it was normal especially for long or thick hair. I was not losing a "handful" but I was losing a lot. She said diet, medicine or hormone change will make you lose hair temporally.



I have long, thick hair...but it is falling out.?

You probably have nothing to worry about. I have very thick hair and I go through stages where I feel like I am going to go bald because each time I run my fingers through my hair I feel like I'm pulling a lock of hair out. It is perfectly normal to "shed" your hair.



However if it is getting excessive and happening ALL the time and coming out in large amounts EVERY time, see a doctor.



But chances are, there is nothing to worry about. :-)



I have long, thick hair...but it is falling out.?

There are many reasons for your hair loss, but given your age it may be a hormone problem. If you have a HMO, quick, use your annual checkup now! :)



How many strands come out? Ask a good friend to tell you if a visible bald spot is appearing. Since you have no history of baldness, you might want to mention that to your doctor when you get your checkup.



It could be stress, a change in the weather, hormones...suggest you track down any changes in your routine so you can identify the source, and treat it accordingly.



Do you leave hairs behind on your pillow? You might want to tie the hair back loosely so that you don't tear it out at night when you move.



Are you brushing too violently? Try a detangler before combing wet hair; wet hair is most vulnerable to breakage.



You could also be using too much shampoo and conditioner; this can suffocate hair follicles through buildup and weaken the hair root.



It's going to be like CSI for a while as you try to figure it out, so good luck :)



I have long, thick hair...but it is falling out.?

my mom's hair started doing the same thing....she had full think hair too...so she went to the doctor and had her THYROID checked it turns out she had an UNDER ACTIVE THYROID...and that was what was making her hair fall out



I have long, thick hair...but it is falling out.?

No need to worry. It's comon to loose hair in your brush, bottom of the tub, or in you elastic band. What you do need to know is that you loose 100-150 strands a day..... it may not seem more, but trust me, this is true.



What you need to do is when you get out of the shower, use a pic instead of a brush. Your hair is most fragile after your shower, pic your hair, don't jam it through. Next, use a metaless hair tie.... taking out your hair tie that had the little piece of metal on, that's breaks your hair when your ripping that out.



I have long, thick hair...but it is falling out.?

have you by any chance been on birth control for a while?



this can cause it. I have long hair too and was on the depo, its a side effect.



I have long, thick hair...but it is falling out.?

Massage aloe Vera gel over the scalp,leave it for about one hour.After this rinse the hair with warm water.It gives excellent results for hair loss if one uses this massage at least 3-4 times a week. Check out



http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment