Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I have a hair question; I'm not very "style savvy"; need advice...?

I have naturally wavy hair that after washing it, curls up quite nicely. I've been told by hairstylists when I go for a haircut or whatever, that I can keep these curls by not brushing them out and just putting curl activator or gel/mousse in and scrunching it. Well I purchased a curl activating spray from the salon and tried using it today; it worked ok but my hair still looked "unbrushed." It looked like I'd just gotten out of bed. How can I have my hair looking nice if I can't brush it?? I want to keep the curls, but if I brush it out, they just flatten out. Advice please?!



I have a hair question; I'm not very "style savvy"; need advice...?

Take it from someone with thick curly hair - buy a really wide tooth comb and comb it out while it's still wet. Put the gel in and then comb through it again.



Don't use a brush - it ~will~ take out the wave/curl.



Good luck!!



I have a hair question; I'm not very "style savvy"; need advice...?

when your hair is wet, put the activator in and then twist your hair around your finger...like you are making ringlets and that may help "smooth" the look



I have a hair question; I'm not very "style savvy"; need advice...?

I'VE GOT A PERM LIKE THAT NOW AND LOVE IT. JUST BRUSH AND COMB YOUR HAIR IN THE MORNING AND THEN MIST IT WITH WATER AND SCRUNCH IT. GOOD LUCK TO YOU. YOU CAN ALWAYS FINGER COMB IF YOU WANT TO. I JUST LIKE TO FLUFF MINE SINCE I HAVE THIN HAIR.



I have a hair question; I'm not very "style savvy"; need advice...?

I have very curly hair. Never brush it. You will brush your curl right out %26amp; have a frizz ball. Wash your hair with a shampoo that encourages curl. Moisturize well. Then Using a curling mousse gently scrunch it into your hair concentraing on the ends...let air dry or use a hairdryer with a diffuser. I like to use a small amount of gel in the front of my hair just because I can get really frizzy. a good Mousse to try is Dove or anything for curls.



Also check out Ouida.com if you want more info for curly girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment